Date: 10th-15th July 2023
Venue: Jinja Show Grounds
The National Agricultural Show is always designed as a learning platform for learners at different levels and farmers, a platform for showcasing innovative technologies that suit the prevailing farming conditions in the country, a platform for unveiling trending agricultural research, and as well as a national policy advocacy platform. It has recently hosted youth competitions on innovative youth ideas in agriculture and school debates.
Based on UNFFE’s experience over the years and from feedback received from stakeholders and a call to interest Young people in agriculture, UNFFE has thought it befitting to set up a platform titled the National Agriculture Education platform where it intends to achieve the following:
- Interest young people in agriculture through organizing, shows, exhibition, innovation competitions, and writing competitions in line with agriculture
- Promote family farm succession planning
- Mobilize youths into the different Agricultural value chains.
- Train youths in practical agribusiness planning and management
- Create skilled, technical, and hands-on youthful farm managers with the appropriate skills and the right attitude to drive the Agro-industrialization effort
In line with the platform goals, UNFFE is delighted to organize the Second National Agriculture Education Show this year with a specific target on young people (learners and other youth). The show will be a platform where young people based in schools, (Primary and Secondary, farm schools, and other tertiary institutions) will showcase and compete in innovative ideas and enterprises they are engaged in both in school and out of school, debate in carefully selected advocacy issues for young people in agriculture as well as visit and learn from what other industry players are doing.
For Participation please contact
+256 704 602035 / +256 772 602035
+256 800 209003 / +256 700 213 998 / +256 783 059 656
+256 787 283 777